I feel like 2020 was a lost year for me. Not because of the obvious reason…
But because of that damned TikTok!
Last year, my wife made me download the app. I checked it out just to give it a chance.
And I spent at least 1-2 hours every night just aimlessly scrolling through TikTok. I’d like to say it wasn’t 2 hours, but it’s true.
The addiction is REAL!
I dubbed behaviors like this ‘bad entertainment’. Stuff like this includes:
– Endless scrolling of TikTok videos
– Going down the YouTube rabbit hole
– Getting outraged by someone’s post on Facebook
– Mindlessly binging Netflix because there’s nothing better to do.
So if that’s bad entertainment, what’s good entertainment?
– Listening to podcast you genuinely love listening to
– Listening to an audiobook you’re interested in
– Watching a YouTube video of a channel you’re subscribed to because you like their stuff
– Catching up on a show you can’t wait to watch the next episode of. There’s not that many great shows on Netflix anyways…
And instead of the endless scrolling through newsfeeds, actually commenting on posts and videos of people that matter.
If it happens on this app, you can do it on others.
Just a friendly reminder to unplug yourself and start making genuine friendships with people online.