Somehow a spam offer crept its way into my main inbox.
So let’s see what they did wrong and what they did right:
– Subject line is complete crap. Not compelling at all.
– Relies on a big photo image instead of text.
– Too much text crammed in one box.
– There are 2 unsubscribe lines in this email. One has a text strike over it. Kind of a red flag.
– It’s a one-and-doner.
– Just screams ‘Not Legit’.
– Borrows the credibility of Shark Tank and Mark Cuban.
– Uses the curiosity/mystery box angle.
– I do like the line, ‘See How Shark Tank’s Newest Product is Turning the Diet World on its Head!’ Would’ve been better used as either the subject line or main headline.
– I do like the ‘Ready to Lose Weight?’ Call to action. Would work well in a funnel too.
Just a friendly reminder, there are gold Nuggets of knowledge hidden everywhere. What works for spammers might work well for your campaigns too.